Truth, Nature, Knowledge:

Three candles that illuminate the darkness.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bigfoot/Sasquatch Research Taken to a New Level

Sgt. Adam Frye (one of my team members) and I also belong to Sasquatch Watch of Virginia. Billy Willard, the Director of Sasquatch Watch, has assembled a tremendous group of folks who have a passion for our big hairy friends. Billy was one of the organizers of the first ever multi-group expedition. Adam and I had planned to be there, but I had a major fibromyalgia meltdown and Adam was severely injured while handling his horses. What luck. Anyway, the expedition was a success. Billy sent me this initial information about the expedition. I will have more to post later.

This past week (April 18-25, 2010) history was made in Bigfoot/Sasquatch research. For the first time ever, five (5) separate Bigfoot Research groups in the east combined efforts for the first ever multi-group Bigfoot Expedition in Spotsylvania County, Virginia. The research groups consisted of Sasquatch Watch of Virginia, The American Bigfoot Society, Squatch Inc., The Northeast Sasquatch Research Association and The Pennsylvania Bigfoot Society. The expedition took place on over 2,000 acres of private land. There were over 30 participants from 10 states at the event.

The expedition was scheduled due to a previous, actual Bigfoot sighting on the property back in May of 2009. Since then, several strange vocalizations, strange, large footprints and mysterious game camera photos have surfaced. All of these occurrences urged Billy Willard, director of Sasquatch Watch of Virginia and Melissa Hovey, president of The American Bigfoot Society, to organize the first ever multi-group expedition. All of those participating tried new ideas of research and the cooperation between the groups was remarkable!

During the expedition strange vocalizations were heard, a subject was filmed in night vision video, and one participant had a strange encounter with something hitting his Jeep during the night. A possible footprint impression was discovered behind the Jeep after the incident and the print was casted. All collected evidence will be analyzed over the next few weeks.

Although the mystery of Bigfoot/Sasquatch was not solved, there was a major accomplishment with this event. For the first time, multiple groups came together for one cause, without the usual in-fighting found in a lot of the Bigfoot research groups. Everyone cooperated, had a great time, and looks forward to repeating an event of this scale again soon.

I am so proud of each and every participant! I wish I could have been there.

Thanks Billy!

5 comments:

  1. Jeez, I think it lost my response. I have a fibromyalgia too so I get what flare-ups can be like. I'm exciting that they're taking that area seriously as a refuge. I think it's an ideal environment for BF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we have had multitudes of sightings and encounters all over the state. The majority of them have been located in my area. Sweet! I am going this weekend to look at the location of a recent sighting very close to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear what you find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really excited about it! Will let you know.

    ReplyDelete